24 American women vying to compete in Women’s Boxing inaugural Olympic Games will begin their quest for gold at the first-ever U.S. Olympic Team Trials for Women’s Boxing, February 13-19, at the Northern Quest Resort & Casino in Spokane.
“We are thrilled to bring this historic event to Spokane. This tournament will feature the premier female athletes in our sport and they deserve to compete in a first-class facility,” USA Boxing Executive DirectorAnthony Bartkowski said.
The city of Spokane has previously hosted several major boxing events, including the Women’s National Championships. “It’s an honor to be able to welcome and champion our nation’s best female boxers for this historic event,” said Eric Sawyer, President, Spokane Regional Sports Commission.
• Monday, February 13, 7 pm – Winners Bracket Quarterfinal Bouts
• Tuesday, February 14, 7 pm – Winners Bracket Semifinals/Challengers Bracket Quarterfinals
• Wednesday, February 15, 7 pm – Challengers Bracket Semifinals
• Thursday, February 16, 7 pm – Champions bracket finals/Challengers
Bracket Finals I
• Friday, February 17, 8 pm – Challengers Bracket Finals II
• Saturday, February 18, 8 pm – Championship Bouts
• Sunday, February 19, 7 pm – If necessary, Championship Bouts
Source: Belle Mask, Examiner.com